03 Jul 3 examples of Smart Cities with a city management platform
The Smart City concept is becoming a word that is widely heard. Many people has a lot questions about it: What makes a city ‘smart’? What are the initiatives to fall under the ‘smart’ umbrella? And part of the blame goes to the cities that are incorporating a city management platform like FIWOO.
Let’s see below some examples of Smart Cities and their way of managing the city through an IoT platform.
3 examples of Smart Cities with a city management platform
One of the advantages of using this type of software is that data is aggregated on a single intelligent platform regardless of where it comes from. Business Intelligent, Machine Learning or Big Data come together to analyze information, predict future changes and make smart decisions.
A Smart City Platform means impact and strategy in the short, medium and long term on citizens and their quality of life.
Here we are going to present the 3 examples of Smart Cities:
Barcelona is an example not only in Spain but in the whole world. Its management is allowing the city council to save billions of dollars a year by installing these smart systems:
- A Smart Waste Management.
- Parking sensors providing real time information on an app to find free parking spaces.
- A Smart Lighting based on the activity on the street.
Around 2014 they decided to launch their Smart Nation Programme. And one of the functionalities is a city management platform that offers real-time information on what is happening in the city to its citizens.
They are putting it into extreme with initiatives like:
- Tracking systems that warn citizens that they are smoking in prohibited areas.
- Sensors that measure the amount of people accumulated in certain area
- Monitoring of cars in the city.
3) New York
New York City is also a great focus for Smart initiatives. Among all of them, we will highlight some:
- Automated water meters: They send a daily readings to a computerized billing sistem platform.
- Biking in NYC.
- Open Data for all: provides free public data published by a range of local agencies.
Feel your City. Feel FIWOO.
Here are some examples of cities that are already using platforms that manage all the verticals in a Smart City.
We look forward to hearing from you.